Last Modified: February 2020
Children Under 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. The Site and its contents are directed at people over the age of 13 and their parents, as well as parents of children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without parental consent, please contact us.
Information We Collect. We may collect information that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you use our Site. The types of information that we collect may include any of the following:
- information you voluntarily provide, such as information submitted in the contact us form (name, email address, phone number, birthday and month (Happy Birthday to You!)),
- your computer IP address, for using features like “Review Us”
- other information that you provide to us but that does not identify you personally, such as records of your visits and information that you submit when using the Site,
- information from third parties, and
- traffic and usage information generated from your visits to the Site, including the type of device that you use to access it.
How We Collect Information. We may use one or more of the following technologies to collect Personally Identifiable Information and other information: cookies, flash cookies, general log information, beacons, pixels and referral information from third-party websites. We may also use tracking technologies to collect information about your visits over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
These technologies automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
To opt out of interest-based advertising such as adroll retargeting please click the following link and click the buttons for browser and/or mobile opt-outs to opt out of each. http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1”
How We Use Your Information. We may use the information that we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Site;
- to enable you to access and use the Site, including getting information about our services;
- to send transactional messages, including:
- responding to your comments, questions, and requests;
- providing customer service and support, and
- sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- to send promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Site, and other illegal activities;
- to personalize the Site content, features, or advertisements; or
- to enable you to share content with users you designate.
Information Sharing and Disclosure. We may process or share data in the following situations:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Services. These companies may use information about your visits to our Site(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information? We keep your information for as long as we are providing Services to you, or until you request that we delete it, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information or you request deletion, we will either delete or anonymize it. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Controls and Choices. We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include any or all of the following:
- you may change your choices for subscriptions and newsletters,
- you may choose whether or not to receive offers from us, and
- you may choose whether you receive targeted advertising from us or our partners, if any.
Security of Your Information
- Security Measures. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to correctly use the information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Services from outside United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Section 7 above), in United States, and other countries.
European Economic Area Privacy Rights. If you reside in the European Economic Area, you have certain privacy rights including the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework:
We comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States and has certified its compliance with it. As such, Company is committed to subjecting all personal information received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
We are responsible for the processing of personal information we receive, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on our behalf.
California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information once a year and free of charge regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us (if any) to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, as well as the name and address of these third parties. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content. If you wish to request a copy of your information or removal of your data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California.
Data Breach. A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information. You will be notified about data breaches when METTA SOLUTIONS, LLC believes you are likely to be at risk or serious harm. For example, a data breach may be likely to result in serious financial harm or harm to your mental or physical well-being. In the event that METTA SOLUTIONS, LLC becomes aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information METTA SOLUTIONS, LLC will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable regulatory authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
Right to Decline Requests. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not required by applicable law or for any legitimate purposes.
Links to Other Websites. The Site may contain links to other sites, which may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit them. We are not responsible for either the content of any websites that are not affiliated with us or the privacy practices of those websites.
Contacting Us. You can reach us at 8 Hidden Ridge Court, Durham NC 27707 or by sending a Contact Us form